Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The connections

It always amazes me, how much my children are connected. Though they have 2 very different personalities, they are always connected in some way.
The youngest always tries to make it seem that he is the boss, and that it is his way or the highway.
The eldest always complies, and just goes with the flow of energy.
But somehow, through all of this, they are connected.
They play together in a way that I've never seen two siblings do before.
I've watched from the doorway, as the youngest allows the eldest to be the boss.
Watched as the eldest took control, and used his time in power to share with his brother.
Watched as they connected on a higher level than I could ever expect.
With my eldest being Deaf, the youngest has learned the language of SIGN, before he learned the English language. He learned to communicate with his brother, and to interpret for his brother.
This connection warms my heart. No matter what is happening, my youngest takes the time to interpret, talk, and work at learning the language of his brother.
The eldest has so much respect for his young brother, the pride in his eyes as he watches his brother sign to him, is evident. What more could a mother ask for?
I know that no matter what happens in life, they will always share a special connection. Unseen by many, as they share secretly, play nicely in cognito, and love deeper than two siblings ever have.
This connection is one that will last through the tests of time. It gives a mother a deep sense of security.
What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment